SubjectRe: tcp_sendpage and page allocation lifetime vs. iscsi
On Mon, 2005-04-25 at 15:08 -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:06:03 +0200
> Olivier Galibert <galibert@pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you think possible to extent the sendpage api to add some kind of
> > "don't get the pages, copy them if you need them" flag?
>
> No, not really.
>
> Do you happen to run the scsi->done() function from iscsi
> as soon as the write over the TCP socket completes returns
> success? That is likely what is causing the problem.

Your guess is correct. If this happen Olivier will see corruption sooner
or later. But this should never happen, unless we have a subtle bug in
iscsi_tcp.c which needs to be verified and fixed.

Since SCSI tape device usually causing a lot of sense data, we probably
have a bug around sense data path processing. And this is not related to
TCP API abuse in anyway. I would recommend to continue this discussion
on www.open-iscsi.org mailing list.

Dima

  Last update: 2005-04-29 19:15    [W:0.056 / U:0.508 seconds]