SubjectRe: X86_64: 2.6.12-rc3 spontaneous reboot
Patrick McHardy wrote:
> Andi Kleen wrote:
>
>> Hmm, thats hard to believe. And are you sure the NMI watchdog
>> did not trigger? (e.g. did you run it with serial or netconsole)?
>
> I ran it with netconsole, but nothing was received. I'm going to retry
> with and without the patch once more to make sure.

I tried starting uml with and without the patch, five times each.
Without the patch it worked fine every time, with the patch it
instantly rebooted every time. Nothing was logged on netconsole.
Perhaps also interesting is that if I revert all patches after
this change up to HEAD, it doesn't always instantly reboot, but
sometimes just hangs. When using HEAD, it rebooted each time so far.

Regards
Patrick

  Last update: 2005-04-26 16:24    [W:0.942 / U:0.848 seconds]