SubjectRe: netdev watchdog
Shaun Jackman wrote:
> Upon booting my system, the boot fails and the following message is
> displayed repeatedly:
>
> NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
> eth0: transmit timed out, tx_status 00 status eb01.
> diagnostics: net 0cfa media 88c0 dma 0000003a fifo 0000
> eth0: Interrupt posted but not delivered -- IRQ blocked by another device?
> Flags; bus-master 1, dirty 65(1) current 65(1)
> Transmit list 00000000 vs d0c782a0
> 0: @d0c78200 length 8000002e status 8001002e
>
> I also see the same message for eth2. I'd been happily booting this
> 2.6.8.1 kernel for months without trouble. I don't know where this is
> coming from. The drivers for my three NICs are forcedeth, 3c59x, and
> 8139too. I'd be happy to give more information to help.

If you're looking for general causes did you plug in any other devices,
on PCI or on USB/firewire? Add a disk, anything like that.

If you want real help you need to provide the usual information, see the
BUG REPORTS doc in the source in the Documentation directory as I recall.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@tmr.com)