    SubjectRe: Git-commits mailing list feed.
    On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 11:30:36AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
    > > # This creates the signature.
    > > gpg --clearsign < sign_this > signature
    > This really doesn't work for me - I do not want to have the gpg header
    > above it, only the signature below. Since I want git to actually
    > understand the tags, but do _not_ want git to have to know about whatever
    > signing method was used, I really want the resulting file to look like
    > commit ....
    > tag ...
    > here goes comment
    > here goes signature
    > and no headers.
    > Whether that can be faked by always forcing SHA1 as the hash, and then
    > just removing the top lines, and re-inserting them when verifying, or
    > whether there is some mode to make gpg not do the header crud at all, I
    > don't know. Which is exactly why I never even got started.

    It is a bit more messy, but it can be done with a detached signature.

    To sign,
    gpg -ab unsigned_commit
    cat unsigned_commit unsigned_commit.asc > signed_commit

    To verify,
    cat signed_commit | sed '/-----BEGIN PGP/Q' | gpg --verify signed_commit -

      Last update: 2005-04-23 20:51    [W:0.025 / U:88.148 seconds]