SubjectKernel lockup when swapping out to swap partition in 250G extended partition
Hi,

I'm running the 2.6.11.7 kernel (and others) and all of them have a
problem with locking up when they try to swap out memory, to a swap
partition, that is located in an extended partition which is 200G
in size. The same problem does not occur when the swap partition is
a primary partition on the same drive.
Another problem that is probably related, was when I first formatted
the drive using fdisk, and then did a reboot I got a kernel divide by
zero message with cpu register dumps. I can't seem to replicate this
error though.

The software is Fedora Core 2 and the KDE desktop.

Sorry if this is a bit vague, but I'm not sure what type of
information you require to locate the bug.

Regards
Charles Mydlak

  Last update: 2005-04-22 17:35    [W:0.022 / U:0.156 seconds]