SubjectRe: [2.6.11.7 / CLPS711x/SkyMinder] module integration issue: keyboard driver _still_ not working after port from 2.4.27
okay - i found this:

http://seclists.org/lists/linux-kernel/2000/Mar/0093.html

it talks about "we must force people to choose between vgacon and
fbcon".

when that forcing decision was taken, was dual fbcon-and-serial-console
usage taken into account?

booting with ..... console=ttyCL1 fbcon=vc:1 and then later
on doing modprobe fbcon has exactly the same consequences:
fbcon_takeover is called, the fbcon=vc:1 parameters appear to
be ignored.... greeeeaat.

how the _heck_ am i gonna over-ride the fb_console "setup"
paramaters on a module load, to stop this happening???

i know - HACK TIME!!!

muhahahahah.

l.

On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 07:28:45PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

> in order to be able to debug what is going on, i have enabled
> a dummy/virtual serial console, all is well so far.
>
> in order to test the screen, i have written, enabled, tested,
> confirmed as reasonably working, a framebuffer driver (which
> i would like to make the console framebuffer - eventually -
> when the serial console is disabled and no longer needed -
> so i am enabling Framebuffer Console support AS WELL as serial
> console support)
>
> now i load the keyboard event module... splat - absolutely no response:
> complete lock-up.

  Last update: 2005-04-21 20:51    [W:0.033 / U:0.092 seconds]