SubjectRe: [RFC] CryptoAPI & Compression
From
Please keep linux-crypto@vger.kernel.org in the loop.

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 07:09:29PM +0400, Artem B. Bityuckiy wrote:

> Actually, for JFFS2 we need to leave the uncompressable data
> uncompressed. So if the pcompress interface have only been for JFFS2,
> I'd just return an error rather then expand data. Is such behavior
> acceptable for common Linux's parts pike CryptoAPI ?

You mean you no longer need pcompress and we can get rid of it?
That's fine by me.

> And more, frankly, I don't like the "independent" partial compression
> approach in JFFS2 and in JFFS3 (if it will ever happen) I'd make these
> pieces dependent. For this purpose we'd need some deflate-like CryptoAPI
> interface. I'm not going to implement it at the moment, I'm just curious
> - what do you guys think about a generalized deflate-like CryptoAPI
> compression interface?

Well if you can show me what such an interface looks like then we can
discuss it.

Cheers,
Email: Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <herbert@gondor.apana.org.au>