SubjectRe: Booting from USB with initrd
>Have you edit the build-initrd.sh script to fit your needs?

Yeah.. but it shouldn't matter much since I've not been able to load the initrd
yet?

>Does
> http://featherlinux.berlios.de/usb-instructions.htm or
> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0211.1/0551.html help?)

I thought the second one would so I changed the code (took a while to find
the right place since I use 2.6 not 2.4) However that's a fix for a problem
I don't have. My kernel never complains about root= bla it only says unable
to mount on root fs.
I'm not sure what this tells us.

>Totally different Q's:

>Have you called syslinux with the correct parameter to find your
>initrd.gz?

I hope so. I have it setup up like in the loop-aes readme. Is there something special
you have in mind?

>Do you have access to DOS bootable drive (To try to boot the kernel
>using loadlin from DOS command prompt. If that works you know that the
>issues are regarded to syslinux, if not - initrd/kernel) (?)

Nope. I only have a knoppix and kanotix rescue disc to work off at the time
=)

>Have you tried to boot kernel + initrd from your local linux
>installation?

No, I would if I knew how. Is there any howto for that?

Cheers.

  Last update: 2005-04-16 22:19    [W:0.032 / U:0.744 seconds]