    SubjectRE: FUSYN and RT

    On Fri, 15 Apr 2005, Sven Dietrich wrote:

    > > > /** A fuqueue, a prioritized wait queue usable from
    > > kernel space. */
    > > > struct fuqueue {
    > > > spinlock_t lock;
    > > > struct plist wlist;
    > > > struct fuqueue_ops *ops;
    > > > };
    > > >

    > > Would the above spinlock_t be a raw_spinlock_t? This goes
    > > back to my first question. I'm not sure how familiar you are
    > > with Ingo's work, but he has turned all spinlocks into
    > > mutexes, and when you really need an original spinlock, you
    > > declare it with raw_spinlock_t.
    > >

    > This one probably should be a raw_spinlock.
    > This lock is only held to protect access to the queues.
    > Since the queues are already priority ordered, there is
    > little benefit to ordering -the order of insertion-
    > in case of contention on a queue, compared with the complexity.

    Surprisingly, this makes perfect sense to me! I'm not going to comment on
    this code until I actually get to see the whole package. I don't know how
    much Inaky has used Ingo's work, but I'd figured it should be a
    raw_spinlock.

    > Just what you want to say to a guy who says he is tired ;)

    This is nothing, I'm currently trying to test stuff from another thread
    dealing with qdiscs in the net code. %-}

    -- Steve

      Last update: 2005-04-16 05:36    [W:0.021 / U:94.372 seconds]