SubjectRe: Re: more git updates..
On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 06:10:27PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Go wild. I did mine in six days, and you've been whining about other
> peoples SCM's for three years.

Even if I spend 6 days doing git, you'd never have thrown away BK in
exchange for git.

> In other words - go and _do_ something instead of whining. I'm not
> interested.

CVS and SVN are already an order of magnitude more efficient than git at
storing and exporting the data and they shouldn't annoy you during the
checkins either, they have a backend much more efficient than git too,
and yet you seem not to care about them.

My suggestion was simply to at least change git to coalesce the diffs
like CVS/SCCS, I'm only making a suggestion to give git a chance to have
a backend at least as efficient as the one that CVS uses and to avoid
running rsync on a 2.8G uncompressible blob. I don't have enough spare
time to do something myself, my spare time would be too short anyway to
make a difference in SCM space, so I'd rather spend it all in more
innovative space where it might have a slight change to make a
difference.

  Last update: 2005-04-13 13:01    [W:0.195 / U:0.156 seconds]