SubjectRe: Exploit in 2.6 kernels
On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 22:32:59 BST, John M Collins said:

> I wish some kind soul would speak nicely to Nvidia and get them to see
> reason on the point but I suspect I'm not the first person to wish that.

NVidia is aware, and they're doing the best they can under the circumstances
(no, they can't opensource it all, there's other people's intellectual property
in there that they licensed...)

> (Or is there a sneaky way of patching the modules so they'll work in
> another kernel without tainting it?).

Patching it so it won't taint is a one-line patch. However, it's so
morally bankrupt that I'm not giving any more hints.

Much trickier is doing it so the same module will insmod into multiple
kernels without screwing the pooch. If you look around in nv-linux.h and
nv.c, there's a number of checks of KERNEL_VERSION, and they're all there
for a reason.

  Last update: 2005-04-13 07:33    [W:0.137 / U:0.400 seconds]