    SubjectRE: non-free firmware in kernel modules, aggregation and unclear copyright notice.
    On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, David Schwartz wrote:

    > > If you buy a W*nd*ws install CD, you can create a derived work,
    > > e.g. an image
    > > of your installation, under the fair use rights (IANAL). Can you
    > > distribute
    > > that image freely?
    >
    > I would say that if not for the EULA, you could transfer ownership of the
    > image to someone else.

    The EULA is irrelevant in germany and in many parts of the USA.

    > And if you legally acquired two copies of Windows,
    > you could install both of them and transfer them. Otherwise, you could not
    > sell a machine with the Windows OS installed unless you were a Microsoft
    > OEM.

    Then it would be stupid to become a OEM. Just buy one CD and install it on
    each computer you sell, combined with a pre-installed ghost.

    > Does Microsoft take the position that if you want to sell your PC, you
    > must wipe the OS? Not that I know of.

    They say it's forbidden do pass even the boot loader you put on disks,
    they just won't sue you for just the boot loader.
    --
    Funny quotes:
    36. You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

    Friß, Spammer: qFpgmTwzv@saletogo.com mailings@warehousemed5.net