    SubjectRe: Processes stuck on D state on Dual Opteron

    On Sunday 10 April 2005 03:47, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Suggest you boot with `nmi_watchdog=0' to prevent the nmi watchdog from
    > cutting in during long sysrq traces.
    > Also, capture the `sysrq-m' output so we can see if the thing is out of
    > memory.

    Hi Andrew,

    Thanks for the tip. I booted with nmi_watchdog=0 and was able to get a full
    sysrq-t as well as a sysrq-m. Since it might be a little too big for the
    list, I've put it on a text file at:

    I also made a run with the mempool-can-fail patch from Nick Piggin. With this
    I got some nice memory allocation errors from the md threads when the trouble
    started. The dump (with sysrq-t and sysrq-m included) is at:

    Let me know if you find it more convenient to send the dumps by mail or
    something. Hope this helps.

      Last update: 2005-04-11 04:19    [W:0.021 / U:59.532 seconds]