    SubjectRe: [BUG] 2.6.11- sym53c8xx Broken on pp64

    On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
    > BTW, Linus: Any chance you ever change something to version or
    > extraversion in bk just after a release ? I know I already ask and it
    > degenerated into a flamefest, and I don't know if that is specifically
    > the case now, but I keep getting report of people saying "I have a bug
    > in 2.6.xx" while in fact, they have some kind of bk clone of sometime
    > after 2.6.xx...

    The answer is the same: I'd still like to have somebody (preferably Sam)
    who is comfortable with all the build scripts get a revision-control-
    specific version at build-time, so that BK users would get the top-of-tree
    key value, and other people could get some CVS revision or something.

    I don't want to tag things just randomly, especially as it would be very
    error-prone (read: I'd forget). A script that looks at the top revision,
    and if it's not a tag, takes the key value and appends it to the build
    version seems to be The Right Thing (tm).

    I have this dim memory that Sam might even have had some early trials, but
    maybe thats just wishful thinking.. Sam?

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.025 / U:25.276 seconds]