    SubjectRe: Random number generator in Linux kernel
    Vineet Joglekar wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > Can someone please tell me where can I find and which
    > random/pseudo-random number generator can I use inside the linux
    > kernel? (2.4.28)
    > I found out 1 function get_random_bytes() in
    > linux/drivers/char/random.c but thats not what I want.
    > I want a function where I will be supplying a seed to that function
    > as an input, and will get a random number back. If same seed is used,
    > same number should be generated again.

    Without knowing what you're doing I can't say if it justifies having all
    that extra code around, but the stuff from the library, like srand48,
    will do this. You can add the code to your module.

    -bill davidsen (

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.021 / U:77.748 seconds]