    SubjectRe: Vanilla kernel >=2.4.28-rc2 incompatibility with ADSL modem Dlink DSL-G300+
    Pedro Larroy wrote:

    >>I tried changing the wiring, I swapped the ethernet ports the LAN and
    >>ADSL modem where connected to, I swapped the modem with an identical one
    >>from a colleague of mine, I upgraded to kernel 2.4.29 all to no avail.
    >> I then tried the 2.4.28-rc{1,2,3} kernels, and I found the 2.4.28-rc1
    >>not to exhibit the problem, that manifests itself on the 2.4.28-rc{2,3}
    >> The problem is sparc-specific, a PC with the very same configuration
    >>(Debian stable, plain vanilla kernels etc.) did not suffer any
    >>connection drops.

    I forgot to mention: as I was suggested to do by other people, I
    changed the settings of the two parameters:

    This did not help, though.

    > I have seen similar problems due to high sequence numbers on the tcp
    > packets on some adsl routers. Took a while to discover that since the
    > connection misteriously ceased to work from some boxes after some time
    > transmitting data ok. Looks like some manufacturers such as efficient
    > networks adsl routers, doesn't follow the standards.
    > I'd suggest running tcpdump and doing some observation.

    Thank you for your reply, I'll do as you suggested.

    Alessandro Selli
    Tel: 340.839.73.05

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.036 / U:70.496 seconds]