SubjectRe: [Alsa-devel] Re: intel 8x0 went silent in 2.6.11
Pierre Ossman wrote:
> Andrew Morton wrote:
>
>> Mark Canter <marcus@vfxcomputing.com> wrote:
>>

>>> To close this issue out of the LKML and alsa-devel, a bug report has
>>> been written.
>>>
>>> It appears to be an issue with the 'headphone jack sense' (as kde
>>> labels it). The issue is in the way the 8x0 addresses the docking
>>> station/port replicator's audio output jack. The mentioned quick fix
>>> does not work for using the ds/pr audio output, but does resolve it
>>> for a user that is only using headphones/internal speakers.
>>>

>> But there was a behavioural change: applications which worked in 2.6.10
>> don't work in 2.6.11, is that correct?
>>
>> If so, the best course of action is to change the kernel so those
>> applications work again. Can that be done?
>>

> Yes. Speakers worked in 2.6.10 and stopped working in 2.6.11. This could
> be changed by setting the default for the two new volumes to muted. I
> don't know how this affects the issue with the docking station or the
> bug that this is supposed to solve though.

It seems I spoke too soon. The defaults picked by the driver are
actually fine. It seems to be alsactl store/restore that did something
strange when coming from an older kernel.

Rgds
Pierre

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.146 / U:0.800 seconds]