Linus Torvalds wrote:

> I've long since decided that there's no point to making "-pre". What's the
> difference between a "-pre" and a daily -bk snapshot? Really?

The fact that not a script, but Linus Torvalds, decides that the tree is
in a state he likes to share with others. You have been doing -pre's all
this time, it's just that you are calling them -rc's.

> So when I do a release, it _is_ an -rc. The fact that people have trouble
> understanding this is not _my_ fault.

You have no intent whatsoever to release your -rc1's as the next -final,
so what is this private definition of "release candidate" we are not
understanding?

Note, I am not complaining about 2.6. I think it's an absolute wonderful
kernel, it works beautifully for me, I have no stability issues, but you
indicated you wanted more testers for -rc and that's simply not going to
happen when there aren't any real -rc's.

Rene.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:1.669 / U:0.508 seconds]