Russell King wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 05:33:33PM -0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
>
>>I'm in two minds though as generating
>>your own from openembedded isn't difficult. Writing instructions for setting
>>up oe to build it may be the best option.
>

> Two things - are you sure that openembedded contains the patches to
> fix the two biggest binutils issues we have, as documented on
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/toolchain/ ?
>
> Secondly, are you seriously suggesting people like Jan Dittmer, who
> provide a cross-architecture service should jump through some loops
> just to get a working toolchain for the ARM architecture?

As long it is documented and it _works_ that's no problem. But it was
quite a hassle to get working cross-compilers for all 23 archs
to build, because for some there is no real documentation which
target is the correct one and upstream gcc and/or binutils sometimes
don't compile.
For example where can I find information about the arm26 arch?
I suppose it can be build with a normal arm toolchain (and the
breakage looks like a real compiler failure), but is this documented
somewhere?
It would be nice to have such documentation in kernel under
Documentation/$arch/HOW-TO-BUILD for every arch.
How much work is it to set-up an openembedded environment anyways?

Jan

--
http://l4x.org/k/