    Russell King wrote:
    > On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 05:33:33PM -0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
    >>I'm in two minds though as generating
    >>your own from openembedded isn't difficult. Writing instructions for setting
    >>up oe to build it may be the best option.
    > Two things - are you sure that openembedded contains the patches to
    > fix the two biggest binutils issues we have, as documented on
    > ?
    > Secondly, are you seriously suggesting people like Jan Dittmer, who
    > provide a cross-architecture service should jump through some loops
    > just to get a working toolchain for the ARM architecture?

    As long it is documented and it _works_ that's no problem. But it was
    quite a hassle to get working cross-compilers for all 23 archs
    to build, because for some there is no real documentation which
    target is the correct one and upstream gcc and/or binutils sometimes
    don't compile.
    For example where can I find information about the arm26 arch?
    I suppose it can be build with a normal arm toolchain (and the
    breakage looks like a real compiler failure), but is this documented
    It would be nice to have such documentation in kernel under
    Documentation/$arch/HOW-TO-BUILD for every arch.
    How much work is it to set-up an openembedded environment anyways?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.022 / U:2.968 seconds]