    For those of you who haven't waded through the huge "RFD: Kernel release
    numbering" thread on lkml to realize that we are now going to start
    putting out 2.6.x.y releases, here's the summary:

    A few of us $suckers will be trying to maintain a 2.6.x.y set of
    releases that happen after 2.6.x is released. It will contain
    only a set of bugfixes and security fixes that meet a strict set
    of guidelines, as defined by Linus at:

    Chris Wright and I are going to start working on doing this work, we
    will have a <SOME_ALIAS> to post these types of bug fixes to,
    and a set of people we bounce the patches off of to test for "smells
    good" validation. We will also have a bk-commits type mailing list for
    those who want to watch the patches flow in, and a bk tree from which
    changsets can be pulled from.

    Chris and I will be hashing all of the details out next Tuesday, and
    hopefully all the infrastructure will be in place soon. When that
    happens, we will post the full details on how all of this is going to
    work. In the meantime, feel free to CC: me and Chris on patches that
    everyone thinks should go into the 2.6.11.y releases.

    But right now, Chris is on a plane, and we don't have the email alias
    set up, or the proper permissions set up on to push changes
    into the v2.6 directory, but we have a few bugs that are needing to be
    fixed in the 2.6.11 release. And since our mantra is, "release early
    and often", here's the first release.

    I've released the patch:

    With a detailed changelog at:

    A bitkeeper tree for the 2.6.11.y releases can be found at:

    The diffstat and short summary of the fixes are below.

    I'll also be replying to this message with a copy of the patch itself,
    as it is small enough to do so.

    greg k-h

    Makefile | 2 +-
    drivers/input/serio/i8042-x86ia64io.h | 6 +++---
    drivers/md/raid6altivec.uc | 4 ++++

    Summary of changes from v2.6.11 to v2.6.11.1

    Dmitry Torokhov:
    o Fix keyboards for Dell machines

    Greg Kroah-Hartman:
    o Linux

    Olof Johansson:
    o Fix for trivial fix for 2.6.11 raid6 compilation on ppc w/ Altivec

    Rene Rebe:
    o trivial fix for 2.6.11 raid6 compilation on ppc w/ Altivec

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.021 / U:32.192 seconds]