    On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 12:40:30PM -0000, Richard Purdie wrote:
    > I've found the arm cross compiler generated from openembedded
    > ( to be very reliable. The big advantage in using oe
    > would be that it is in active use so it is always highly likely to generate
    > a working compiler. Someone just needs to make it generate a
    > toolchain/compiler for external use[1], make it available somewhere and
    > advertise the fact its available. Generation of the toolchain could probably
    > be almost entirely automated.
    > Fixes for any problems with compiler would be more than welcome for
    > incorporation into oe short term and for submission upstream for "proper"
    > fixing.

    I'll only believe it when I see it. The problem is this "someone"...
    Who's going to forfill that space and produce some results?

    Something tells me that we'll be very lucky to get a volunteer, let
    alone see any results.

    Russell King
    Linux kernel 2.6 ARM Linux -
    maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.022 / U:50.316 seconds]