SubjectRe: [patch 1/2] fork_connector: add a fork connector
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:23:35 -0800, Paul Jackson <pj@engr.sgi.com> wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what are these 'several user space applications?' The
> only one I know of is this extension to bsd accounting to include
> capturing parent and child pid at fork. Probably you've mentioned some
> other uses of fork_connector before here, but I missed it.

I have a user-space batch job scheduler that could use fork_connector
to track which processes belong to a job. It looks perfect for what I
need.

I would also like to see a do_exit hook, but only as a convenience. I
can probably scrape the BSD accounting files in lieu of a do_exit
hook, but if I had one, I wouldn't need to touch disk for my job
accounting.

  Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.063 / U:8.824 seconds]