SubjectRe: [Alsa-devel] Re: intel 8x0 went silent in 2.6.11

Correct, but if you want to use your headphones you would have to enable
headphones on your mixer, which would negate your speaker output through
your docking station's output. If you want to use the docking station
speakers, you would have to disable the headphones in order to get the
docking station speakers to work; no? If that is the case, then you would
still have to enable/disable each time you wanted to change the direction
of headphones/external speakers. Again, this is not the case under <=
2.6.10 where it works regardless of enabling/disabling headphones.

I'd hate to rant and rave here under something that has worked under 2.4.x
and <= 2.6.10. But this seems like a very un-userfriendly solution to
something that has had no issues for quite some time. In that case, what
deemed the change necessary? As far as I see the 8x0 driver added support
for ICH7. I'm sure there's more to it than just that, I just haven't
looked into it the rest of the way.

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Lee Revell wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 13:46 -0500, Mark Canter wrote:
>
> You don't have to disable and re-enable it each time, if your system is
> configured correctly then your mixer settings will be saved.
>
> Lee

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.104 / U:1.096 seconds]