SubjectRe: [Fwd: United States Patent: 6,862,609]
On Wednesday 02 March 2005 23:28, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>>On Wednesday 02 March 2005 21:36, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
>>>Another Linux patent.....
>>
>>And that pretty much says it. Assigned to the Canopy Group. So
>> SCO will have yet another lawsuit to threaten us with. If they
>> survive the thrashing I've Been Moved will give them at the end of
>> the day.
>
>The way to fight the patents is for Linux developers to file their
> own and start
>putting down stakes.

Play your game your way or get out of Dodge eh? I have opinions on
that, but they aren't printable on a public list.

But at least we ALL know now who you are STILL working for, don't we?
If you were such a gung-ho FOSS fan, it should have been offered to
the eff or fsf.

It brings up another sore point with me. I'm of the opinion that both
copyright, and patent, should be granted to the author/inventor on a
non-transferable basis. He could then sell rights to use it for a
set period of time, at the end of which it is still his. The
present, sell it to the highest bidder situation too often leaves
talented folks in the soup lines at the local mission because they
were screwed out of the benefits their invention or composition
should have brought them.

>> Why the hell would I want
>> to look at the link in kwrite?
>
>Talk to the USPTO, they created these links from their website. BTW,
> if you check
>the verson of web server run on the uspto.gov server, you will
> discover it is
>Apache on IBM servers and IBM Linux. Ask them why IBM's sofware
> outputs links this way.

Correction Jeff, you sent that link to the list, and IMNSHO, it was
your job to see to it the mimetype was properly set. It was not.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.166 / U:0.024 seconds]