SubjectI/O error propagation
Hi,

I have a question on how disk errors get propagated to
the file systems.

From looking at the SCSI/IDE drivers, it looks like there
could be many reasons for an I/O to fail. It could be
bus timeout, media errors, and so on.

Does all these errors get reported to the file system ?
It looks like all the different types of errors get
turned into a single I/O error (-EIO) and passed on to the
file system.

Or is there a way where we can export better error codes
to the file system ?

Any idea/input regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans