    SubjectI/O error propagation
    Hi,

    I have a question on how disk errors get propagated to
    the file systems.

    From looking at the SCSI/IDE drivers, it looks like there
    could be many reasons for an I/O to fail. It could be
    bus timeout, media errors, and so on.

    Does all these errors get reported to the file system ?
    It looks like all the different types of errors get
    turned into a single I/O error (-EIO) and passed on to the
    file system.

    Or is there a way where we can export better error codes
    to the file system ?

    Any idea/input regarding this is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.019 / U:0.592 seconds]