    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 21:32:23 EST, Jeff Garzik said:
    > I also note that part of the problem that motivates the even/odd thing
    > is a tacit acknowledgement that people only _really_ test the official
    > releases.
    > Which IMHO backs up my opinion that we simply need more frequent releases.

    Or more testers of things other than <whatever we call stable this week>
    (which is where I see the *real* problem as being).

    It doesn't matter *what* we call the "testing" releases. They aren't getting
    tested enough. I've posted a fair number of "the latest -mm broke FOO" notes -
    but assuming that "the first guy to hit it" is randomly distributed across all
    the -mm users, there really can't be a whole lot of others doing it, as my
    number seems to come up waaay too often if there's a large pool of testers...

    Either that, or I really *am* the most bleeding-edge loon in my time zone.
      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.018 / U:45.624 seconds]