SubjectRe: pwc driver in -mm kernels
On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 04:09:54PM +0100, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mär 2005, Alan Cox wrote:
> > I pushed the tested one as a starting point. May have been the wrong
> > decision but it's my fault if so
>
> Ah ok. I checked the differences between the versions but there are too
> many `none-standard' changes, i.e. kernel-language changes (statics,
> inlines, __) etc so that I cannot submit a patch for the new version.
>
> The good thing about the one on Luc's page it that it includes sysfs
> support for several parameters and some more device ids.

Sorry, i was in holliday far far away from my computer (it's very rare).
I can produce a patch with coding style fixes, or wait to fix a bug in v4l2
then submit the patch. What do you prefer ? Some applications crashes when
using the v4l2 API. I can made v4l2 optional.

I know that a lot of changes needs to be applied to the driver to please
everybody. So perhaps i can try to begin with a patch (with v4l2), and wait
for feedback, and resend patch until this is correct ?

Luc

  Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.034 / U:5.220 seconds]