SubjectRe: [linux-pm] Re: swsusp 'disk' fails in bk-current - intel_agp at fault?
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 13:23:35 -0800 (PST), Patrick Mochel
<mochel@digitalimplant.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, Pavel Machek wrote:
>
> > I don't really want us to try execve during resume... Could we simply
> > artifically fail that execve with something if (in_suspend()) return
> > -EINVAL; [except that in_suspend() just is not there, but there were
> > some proposals to add it].
> >
> > Or just avoid calling hotplug at all in resume case? And then do
> > coldplug-like scan when userspace is ready...
>
> I thought that cold-plugging only worked for devices, not all objects.

It really depens on the script - nothing stops it from traversing
entire /sys tree and if an object it not exported in the tree I'd say
userspace should not care about such object anyway.

> Can we just queue up hotplug events? That way we wouldn't lose any across
> the transition, and could be used to send resume events to userspace for
> various devices that need help..

The point is that at this point any changes to the system state will
be discarded - we already did the image and about to write it. When we
resume for real all those events will be regenerated once again.

--
Dmitry