SubjectRE: [patch] optimization: defer bio_vec deallocation
Date
On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 06:38:23PM -0800, Chen, Kenneth W wrote:
> We have measured that the following patch give measurable performance gain
> for industry standard db benchmark. Comments?

Dave Jones wrote on Monday, March 28, 2005 7:00 PM
> If you can't publish results from that certain benchmark due its stupid
> restrictions, could you also try running an alternative benchmark that
> you can show results from ?
>
> These nebulous claims of 'measurable gains' could mean anything.
> I'm assuming you see a substantial increase in throughput, but
> how much is it worth in exchange for complicating the code?

Are you asking for micro-benchmark result? I had a tough time last time
around when I presented micro-benchmark result on LKML. I got kicked in
the butt for lack of evidence with performance data running real bench on
real hardware.

I guess either way, I'm bruised one way or the other.

  Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.058 / U:6.308 seconds]