    SubjectRe: memory leak in net/sched/ipt.c?
    * jamal <1111583497.1089.92.camel@jzny.localdomain> 2005-03-23 08:11
    > On Wed, 2005-03-23 at 07:55, Thomas Graf wrote:
    > > * jamal <1111581618.1088.72.camel@jzny.localdomain> 2005-03-23 07:40
    >
    > > > Just a small correction to patchlet:
    > > > The second kfree should check for existence of t.
    > >
    > > t is either valid or NULL so it's not a problem, unless you want
    > > to create janitor work of course. ;->
    >
    > if t is null you still goto rtattr_failure
    > I have seen people put little comments of "kfree will work if you
    > pass it NULL" - are you saying such assumptions exist all over
    > net/sched?

    kfree simply does nothing if it is given a null pointer so that
    goto rtattr_failure for t == NULL is handled just fine without
    a check. I will never get used to this behaviour and policy as
    well though, it somewhat makes code less readable.

    > didnt understand the janitor part.

    It will probably be removed again by one of the regular 'remove
    unnecessary pre kfree checks' patchsets.

      Last update: 2005-04-06 13:30    [W:0.038 / U:0.060 seconds]