SubjectRe: mmap/munmap bug
>> Does it support zero copy not only for send but also for receive? Can we
>> receive packets directly to userspace buffers?
>
> that it can't currently, but without some major protocol stack rework
> that's not going to be easy. If you want to help do that work,
> excellent! Be sure to contact the people on net-dev mailinglist since
> they are the ones having looked at this previously.

My case is simpler, as the application I attend it to is similar to a NAT.
A packet comes in, a little alternation of the headers and off it goes
again. So there's no TCP-stack or anything.

What I thought of doing, is map the skbuff to user-space. Have the
user-application alter the headers. Send the (same) skbuff from
kernel-space.

Does there exist anything equivalent?

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.042 / U:0.508 seconds]