SubjectRe: dmesg verbosity [was Re: AGP bogosities]
El Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:07:53 -0500,
Lee Revell <rlrevell@joe-job.com> escribió:

> I'm really not trolling, but I suspect if we made the boot process less
> verbose, people would start to wonder more about why Linux takes so much
> longer than XP to boot.

By the way, Microsoft seems to be claiming that boot time will be reduced to the half
with Longhorn. While we already know how ms marketing team works, 50% looks
like a lot. Is there a good place to discuss what could be done in the linuxland to
improve things? It doesn't looks like a couple of optimizations will be enought...

  Last update: 2005-04-06 13:30    [W:0.163 / U:0.160 seconds]