SubjectRe: 2.6.11 (stable and -rc) ACPI breaks USB
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Grzegorz Kulewski <kangur@polcom.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just installed 2.6.11 and I was hit by the same bug (or feature?) I
>> found in -rcs. Basically my USB will work only if acpi=off was passed to
>> the kernel. It looks like without acpi=off it will assign IRQ 10 and with
>> acpi=off it will assign IRQ9. It worked at least with 2.6.9. I do not know
>> if the USB is completly broken but at least my speedtouch modem will not
>> work (the red led will be on for some time then completly black).
>>

> I didn't really follow all the ins and outs on this one. Will it end up
> being adequately resolved for 2.6.12?

It was identified (by Bjorn) to be some ACPI VIA PCI IRQ routing quirk
logic change (as far as I understand it). Unfortunatelly it is not good
for my board (AMD 761 North and VIA 686B South). Bjorn (huge thanks to
him) produced testing patch that fixed it for me. Further patches were
presented and discussed in the other thread. The newest one is waiting for
final testing from me (in couple of minutes probably). I will CC you on my
reply (if you are not already). As of what to do next with this patch (if
it still works) Bjorn and others should reply.

> Thanks.

Thanks for interest,

Grzegorz Kulewski

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.113 / U:1.088 seconds]