    SubjectRe: 2.6.12-rc1-mm1: Kernel BUG at pci:389
    On Po 21-03-05 17:52:32, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Pavel Machek <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > Could I suggest that you prepare a fixup against 2.6.12-rc1-mm1 and send
    > > > that to Len and myself? If that fixup is not suitable for a 2.6.12-rc1
    > > > based tree then I can look after it until things get flushed out.
    > >
    > > Could you just revert those two patches? First one is very
    > > wrong. Second one might be fixed, but... See comments below.
    > I could revert them locally, but that wouldn't gain us much.

    You mean that Len has to revert them or revert is "ineffective"?

    > Greg hasn't taken the pm_message_t patches yet. Perhaps that's for the best.
    > Perhaps I should just jam everything-from-Pavel into Linus's tree as soon
    > as he returns and then we can fix up the downstream fallout in the various
    > bk trees?

    Yes, that would help a lot. I was waiting with
    "turn-pm_message_t-into-struct" until all pm_message_t patches reached
    Linus so that there's not a mess "in flight". Len's patch pretty much
    depends on pm_message_t already being converted... (and I'd prefer it
    to wait a while, so we can see which problems were introduced by
    conversion and which are due to ACPI BIOS bugs).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.029 / U:9.556 seconds]