    I also note that part of the problem that motivates the even/odd thing
    is a tacit acknowledgement that people only _really_ test the official
    releases.

    Which IMHO backs up my opinion that we simply need more frequent releases.

    Part of this is a scalability problem. Linux probably has more changes
    flowing into it than any other OS kernel on the planet. We must deal
    with an ever-increasing number of changesets in a way that produces a
    usable kernel for our users.

    Jeff

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.022 / U:0.992 seconds]