I also note that part of the problem that motivates the even/odd thing
is a tacit acknowledgement that people only _really_ test the official
releases.

Which IMHO backs up my opinion that we simply need more frequent releases.

Part of this is a scalability problem. Linux probably has more changes
flowing into it than any other OS kernel on the planet. We must deal
with an ever-increasing number of changesets in a way that produces a
usable kernel for our users.

Jeff

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans