    SubjectRe: Kernel release numbering
    Massimo Cetra wrote:

    > So, why moving from 2.6.14 to 2.6.15 when, in 2/4 weeks, i'll have a more
    > stable 2.6.16 ?
    > Will users help testing an odd release to have a good even release ? Or will
    > they consider an even release as important as a -RC release ?

    I think it would be useful for folks to test the 2.6.ODD release because
    the understanding is that 2.6.ODD+1 will be out soon, and we are pretty
    sure there won't be any large changes in that transition. Any out-side-the-tree
    patches will probably apply to both of these w/out manual hacking,
    which also makes testing easier.

    I am less likely to test an ODD.pre-Z release because there is likely to be
    a large pile coming after that, which means that even if pre-Z worked
    fine, I still have to be very paranoid about the final release.

    Ben Greear <>
    Candela Technologies Inc

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.021 / U:70.764 seconds]