SubjectRe: Kernel release numbering
Massimo Cetra wrote:

> So, why moving from 2.6.14 to 2.6.15 when, in 2/4 weeks, i'll have a more
> stable 2.6.16 ?
> Will users help testing an odd release to have a good even release ? Or will
> they consider an even release as important as a -RC release ?

I think it would be useful for folks to test the 2.6.ODD release because
the understanding is that 2.6.ODD+1 will be out soon, and we are pretty
sure there won't be any large changes in that transition. Any out-side-the-tree
patches will probably apply to both of these w/out manual hacking,
which also makes testing easier.

I am less likely to test an ODD.pre-Z release because there is likely to be
a large pile coming after that, which means that even if pre-Z worked
fine, I still have to be very paranoid about the final release.

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb@candelatech.com>