IMO too confusing.

And it exacerbates an on-going issue: we are moving away from "release
early, release often", as this proposal just pushes the list of pending
stuff back even further.

Developers right now are sitting on big piles, and pushing that back
even further means every odd release means you are creating a
2.4.x/2.5.x backport situation every two releases.

To take a radical position on the other side, I would prefer a weekly
snapshot as the release, staging invasive things in -mm.

And I think -mm is not enough, even. We have to come up with new ways
to manage this ever-increasing flow of data into our tree.

Jeff

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.736 / U:52.148 seconds]