SubjectRe: Suspend-to-disk woes
Hi.

The simplest solution is to mkswap your swap partitions during boot.

Nigel

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 03:28, Erik Andrén wrote:
> Hello, I experienced a pretty nasty problem a couple of days back:
>
> I ran 2.6.11-ck1 and built 2.6.11-ck2. The last thing I did before
> booting the new kernel was to suspend-to-disk the old kernel (something
> I usually do as I'm working on this laptop).
> I ran the new kernel a couple of days and decided to boot the old kernel
> to do some performance tests. Imagine my dread as the old kernel instead
> of detecting that the system has booted another kernel just reloads the
> old suspend-to-disk image. The result is that after succesfully
> resuming, my harddrive goes bonkers and starts to work. After a couple
> of minutes the whole kernel hangs. I reboot and try to boot the -ck2
> kernel again only to find that the system complains as it finds missing
> nodes. The reisertools try to rebuild the system unsucessully. The
> --rebuild-tree parameter worked but a lot of files were still missing.
> In the end I had to reinstall the whole system as it went so unstable.
>
> My question is: Why isn't there a check before resuming a
> suspend-to-disk image if the system has booted another kernel since the
> suspend to prevent this kind of hassle?
> //Regards Erik Andrén
>
> Please cc me as I'm not on the lkml list yadda yadda
>
> -
Nigel Cunningham
Software Engineer, Canberra, Australia
http://www.cyclades.com
Bus: +61 (2) 6291 9554; Hme: +61 (2) 6292 8028; Mob: +61 (417) 100 574

Maintainer of Suspend2 Kernel Patches http://suspend2.net

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.073 / U:0.032 seconds]