    SubjectRe: qla2xxx fail over support
    At 07:43 AM 16/03/2005, comsatcat wrote:
    >Unfortunantly all the beta drivers seem to have issues working with
    >mcdata switches. I've tried about 10 different versions available from
    >qlogic's ftp and all of them give trace messages and "scheduling while
    >atomic" messages when detecting luns that are going through the mcdata
    >switch. any suggestions would be appreciated (along with whom to
    >contact at qlogic regarding beta driver development).

    use a Cisco MDS FC switch and all your problems will go away. :-)
    just kidding ... the errors you're seeing will likely happen regardless of
    what brand FC switch you have .. LUN Discovery and/or FC NS queries are
    likely the same regardless of FC switch.

    what you're seeing is essentially a bug in the qlogic driver - and likely
    why it was listed as being "beta".

    if you're after multipathing support, rather than doing it in the FC
    driver, may i suggest that you instead look at using Christophe Varoqui's
    excellent multipath-tools (see which i have
    used successfully here across a range of midrange & enterprise storage arrays

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.021 / U:8.084 seconds]