    SubjectRe: AGP bogosities
    On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 20:02 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
    > On Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:38 pm, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
    > > That one is even worse... from what I see in your lspci output, you have
    > > no bridge with AGP capability at all, and the various AGP devices are
    > > all siblings...
    >
    > Both of the video cards are sitting on agp busses in agp slots hooked up to
    > host to agp bridges.
    >
    > > Are you sure there is any real AGP slot in there ?
    >
    > Yes :)

    Well, according to your lspci, none of the bridges exposes a device with
    AGP capabilities... It looks like you aren't exposing the host "self"
    device on the bus. Do you have an AGP driver ? If yes, it certainly
    can't use any of the generic code anyway ...

    I still think that the matching between a bridge and a card should be a
    bridge callback (with eventually a generic one that works for whatever
    x86 are around) so that the bridge driver can deal with funky layouts. I
    have no time to toy with this at the moment though ;)

    Ben.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.030 / U:59.496 seconds]