SubjectRe: Potentially dead bttv cards from 2.6.10
Sorry, I wasn't clear in the previous email; I did try the card= option
anyway. I wrote a looping script and tested first 70 card= options, and
none worked properly for streaming capture. Some did show different
behavior though. I might try the remaining 50 later today.

I did notice one strange thing though; the card= option is only applied
to the first bttv card. All remaining cards in the system are still
autodetected (which ends up assuming card=0 in my case). Not sure if
this is the intended behavior or not, since someone really could run two
different bttv cards in the same system.

- Jim Bruce

Paulo Marques wrote:
> James Bruce wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> The card= option didn't help in my case since my card is not in the
>> list; For thess cards we went off the reccomendation of other people
>> doing machine vision in Linux; Next time I guess we'll go name brand
>> again...
>

> I think you should try it anyway, using all the options, because it is
> very likely that your card might be compatible with one of the listed
> ones. This is specially true if you don't care about the tuner.
>
> Just modprobe the bttv module with card=X option, test it, rmmod it,
> modprobe it again with card=X+1, etc., until you find a number that fits.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.087 / U:0.316 seconds]