SubjectRe: [rfc][patch] ide: fix unneeded LBA48 taskfile registers access
  Hello, Bartlomiej.  Happy new lunar year.

Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:

> I would prefer to not teach do_rw_taskfile() about ->tf_{in,out}_flags
> (and convert all users to use helpers) - it is much simpler this way,
>
> ->flags field in ide_task_t is needed anyway (32-bit I/O flag).

New lunar year day is one of the biggest holidays here, so I haven't
got time to work for a few days. As it's over now, I began to work on
ide drivers again. I applied your task->flags patch and am moving my
patches over it.

One problem is that, with ATA_TFLAG_LBA48, whether to use HOB
registers or not cannot be determined separately for writing and
reading. So, when initializing flush tasks, if WIN_FLUSH_CACHE_EXT is
used, we need to turn on ATA_TFLAG_LBA48 to read error location
properly, and we end up unnecessarily writing HOB registers.

I think we can...

1. Just leave it as it is. It's not that big a deal.
2. Use another flag(s) to control LBA48 reading/writing separately.
3. do my proposal. :-)

I'm currently sticking to #1. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

--
tejun