    SubjectRe: [rfc][patch] ide: fix unneeded LBA48 taskfile registers access
      Hello, Bartlomiej.  Happy new lunar year.

    Bartlomiej Zolnierkiewicz wrote:
    > I would prefer to not teach do_rw_taskfile() about ->tf_{in,out}_flags
    > (and convert all users to use helpers) - it is much simpler this way,
    > ->flags field in ide_task_t is needed anyway (32-bit I/O flag).

    New lunar year day is one of the biggest holidays here, so I haven't
    got time to work for a few days. As it's over now, I began to work on
    ide drivers again. I applied your task->flags patch and am moving my
    patches over it.

    One problem is that, with ATA_TFLAG_LBA48, whether to use HOB
    registers or not cannot be determined separately for writing and
    reading. So, when initializing flush tasks, if WIN_FLUSH_CACHE_EXT is
    used, we need to turn on ATA_TFLAG_LBA48 to read error location
    properly, and we end up unnecessarily writing HOB registers.

    I think we can...

    1. Just leave it as it is. It's not that big a deal.
    2. Use another flag(s) to control LBA48 reading/writing separately.
    3. do my proposal. :-)

    I'm currently sticking to #1. Please let me know what you think.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.020 / U:41.580 seconds]