SubjectRe: [RFC] Linux Kernel Subversion Howto
From
> Roman, if you want this so bad why don't you just pay Larry for the
> three month's work? It's just not reasonable to ask someone to do work
> for free that the only purpose of is to help someone clone their
> system.

That's an interesting idea, thanks, but we'd need both money and a new
hire. There is an opportunity cost with using up an engineer and we're
swamped with work. As I've said before, if you really like this sort of
stuff we'd like to hire you. Yeah, it's not as politically correct as
working on 100% GPLed source, I can't help that, but it is technically
challenging, far more so than most people realize and that makes it
fun.

If we get a new hire from the kernel list I'll stick the changeset markers
into the CVS tree so you can group the patches, I can see where that
might be helpful for debugging.
--
---
Larry McVoy lm at bitmover.com http://www.bitkeeper.com