SubjectRe: [RFC] Linux Kernel Subversion Howto
Hi,

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Larry McVoy wrote:

> > > I think you are dreaming. You've gone from wanting enough information
> > > to supposedly debug your source tree to being explicit about wanting to
> > > recreate the entire BK history in a different system. The former is a
> > > reasonable request, I suppose, but the latter is just a blatent request
> > > for us to help debug and stress test a competing system.
> > >
> > > The answer is no, that's a clear violation of the license.
> >
> > You do realize what this practically means?
>
> It means exactly what it says, we're not going to help you work on
> a competing system.

Does that really matter? Above also means it couldn't be exported into the
perfect scm system, because it then could be reexported into some other
lame scm system and so would help their development.

> You are welcome to do that on your own, you are
> welcome to download all the patches you want from bkbits.net and figure
> out how to place them in your system,

Hmm, it seems you didn't bother reading what I wrote either.

> We have to do things which make business sense because it is our business

Does that include making empty promises?

bye, Roman

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.178 / U:0.232 seconds]