    SubjectRe: [RFC] Linux Kernel Subversion Howto
    On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 07:34:59PM -0800, Larry McVoy wrote:

    > (Thanks for the forward, Peter, I would have missed this).

    Sorry, I should have cc'ed you directly but I thought you would
    never miss a subject containing $(random scm tool) :)

    > As Peter said, we do exports from Linus' tree every 24 hours. I can
    > think of two things that we could do which might be useful to the non BK
    > users: export more frequently (pretty questionable in my mind but it's
    > no big deal to bump it up to twice or whatever)

    As Peter said, once every 6 hours is fine. Or even more often, what
    the heck, as I said in a previous post I don't think an incremental
    export is that much costly. It could be done at the same time as
    the -bkX patches...

    > and/or export other trees
    > (far more interesting in my mind).

    Why not if there is some interest. As far as I am concerned, I
    have the impression that most kernel BK trees in bkbits.net are
    just temporary trees 'Linus please pull from here' type. I don't
    know if it's useful for somebody else to track those down.

    > We're always looking for more ways to help you (or more properly said:
    > more ways to be perceived as helping) so let us know what you would like.
    > In Bk or out of it. Is BK/Web good enough? Need something? Let us
    > know.

    Speaking from the out-BK point of view, what would really be nice
    is better granularity in the CVS export (a 1-1 changeset to CVS commit
    mapping). I know this involves playing with CVS branches and could
    be a bit tricky but should be doable.

    Stelian.
    --
    Stelian Pop <stelian@popies.net>