SubjectRFC: disallow modular framebuffers
Hi,

while looking how to fix modular FB_SAVAGE_* (both FB_SAVAGE_I2C=m and
FB_SAVAGE_ACCEL=m are currently broken) I asked myself:

Do modular framebuffers really make sense?

OK, distributions like to make everything modular, but all the
framebuffer drivers I've looked at parse driver specific options in
their *_setup function only in the non-modular case.

And most framebuffer drivers contain a module_exit function.
Is there really any case where this is both reasonable and working?

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.
Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed