    SubjectRe: ARM undefined symbols. Again.
    On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 11:17:48AM +0000, Russell King wrote:
    > So, I have to do _something_ to ensure that we have a reasonable status
    > quo in place. Correction: _I_ don't have to do anything at all if I
    > don't care about Linux kernels standing a chance of being built correctly
    > by less experienced developers using buggy toolchains. Then again, maybe
    > _that_ is the correct approach.

    Just to make it 100% clear: I don't particularly like to work around
    the shortcomings of the ARM toolchain by adding hacks to the kernel.
    It should be first and foremost up to the toolchain people to fix the
    problem. If someone maintaining the ARM toolchain could be persuaded
    to maintain a bugfix only branch, this would be a huge step forwards.

    --
    Russell King
    maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/