SubjectRe: Marvell 88W8310 and 88E8050 PCI Express support
On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 16:46:34 -0500
Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've noticed most of the new AMD64 chipsets now include integrated
> marvell GigE and wifi chips onboard. I haven't been able to find much
> on the status of linux support for these chips. Apparently the PCIE
> GigE chip only works with sk98lin

You need to use the version from SysKonnect. If you look at the source
for that, you will see why I started on the skge driver.

> http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0502.1/0010.html
> Does anyone know if support for the chip is being added to skge?

As soon as I get the hardware (on order), or a donation of a new system.
Then I will report the interface from sk98lin.

> The
> 88W8310 doesn't seem to be supported at all, at least not that I can
> see. Does anyone know the status of the 88W8310? Are there any
> experimental drivers? Is Marvell friendly to opensource? Are the
> databooks available?

If you find databook for Yukon 2 chipset let me know. I found the original
Yukon and Genesis manuals, but nothing newer.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.035 / U:0.392 seconds]