    SubjectRe: [RFC] Linux Kernel Subversion Howto
    Followup to:  <20050202155403.GE3117@crusoe.alcove-fr>
    By author: Stelian Pop <>
    In newsgroup:
    > Hi,
    > I've played lately a bit with Subversion and used it for managing
    > the kernel sources, using Larry McVoy's bk2cvs bridge and Ben Collins'
    > bkcvs2svn conversion script.
    > Since there is little information on the web on how to properly
    > set up a SVN repository and use it for tracking the latest kernel
    > tree, I wrote a small howto (modeled after the bk kernel howto)
    > in case it can be useful for other people too.
    > Feel free to comment on it (but let's not start a new BK flamewar
    > or SVN bashing session please). If there is enough interest I'll
    > submit a patch to include this in the kernel Documentation/
    > directory.
    > I've put it also on my web page along with the necessary scripts:
    > And now a question to Larry and whoever else is involved in the
    > bkcvs mirror on what is the periodicity of the CVS
    > repository update ?

    Currently it's nightly. Larry has offered to run it more often if
    someone can provide a dedicated fast machine to run it on. (Larry: is
    it a matter of memory or of CPU or both? If nothing else we should
    have the old server, dual P3/1133 with 6 GB RAM, coming
    free soon.)

    Please let me know if there is something that should be put on; we can host repositories there of course.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.030 / U:246.556 seconds]