    SubjectRe: [RFC] Linux Kernel Subversion Howto
    Il giorno 02/feb/05, alle 16:54, Stelian Pop ha scritto:

    > Hi,
    > I've played lately a bit with Subversion and used it for managing
    > the kernel sources, using Larry McVoy's bk2cvs bridge and Ben Collins'
    > bkcvs2svn conversion script.

    Really useful, thanks !
    I'm using svn to manage a very small part of the kernel tree (2 files).
    It is difficult to keep in sync with mainstream development without
    having to fetch and keep huge amounts of data (this regardless of the
    version control system used).

    For now I'm keeping the latest stable 2.6 release of the files I need
    in the svn repo, then when I need to sync with the rest of the world, I
    get the latest -bk patch and see if there are some related changes. If
    so, I create a new branch, apply the -bk patch (only the interesting
    part) and then apply my modifications on top of that.

    That still means I have to download usually a >1MB compressed file for
    ~60KB of interesting (uncompressed) data, but that is still much better
    than the gigabytes of network traffic needed for a full kernel tree and
    up to date working copies.

    Thanks, bye.
    Daniele Vezano

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.019 / U:0.944 seconds]